Wednesday 10 December 2014

Explaining the Background

I just read someone talking about a pet hate about people's blogs - a messy patterned background - whoops!  But... It's beautiful!

I'M A PHOTOGRAPHER!

So you're going to see A LOT of my photographs from past to present - I will share EVERYTHING, as at the end of the day, most of the good pictures go into my creations in one form or another....

The background photograph on my blog was taken a few weeks ago when the first frosts settled down  over this part of North Devon where I live and certainly where I love!

The photograph is the frost patterns and the bouncing light of the amazingly bright sunshine on that particular morning which had settled on my car... which happens to be in blue, in fact, 'sapphire blue' (She's called Joy and she's a Honda Civic and yes, I name all my cars...)

So here goes, in order of picture taken, I could have spent ages standing there getting every single angle... but as ever I had to be somewhere else, but what I did get, I'm more then happy with, what do you think?











Lowering and upping the F-Stop, changing the ISO, changing the distance (these photographs are taken with my beloved Canon 70d and 100mm macro lens).

There is so much material here to play with. I'm planning a whole series of winter jewellery and accessories, but because of that certain festive date coming up, I've stuck to decorations and two pendants only for now...









So there you have it - these are the things I do, not all, but some.  It all depends on what images I can find.  I don't usually plan to go out to take a specific photograph the day before, I'm a very spontaneous person and I usually always have my camera on me, so I hope to blog more exciting shots and then what they eventually become, whether a decoration, a cushion, a pendant... even a paper bunting !

Oh and remember I said I'd end each post with Larry?  Well....


No comments:

Post a Comment